Friday, November 9, 2007

Saw IV [dir. Darren Lynn Bousman]

2007, 95 minutes
w/ Tobin Bell, Costas Mandylor & Lyriq Bent
[I honestly only saw this as something to do with a few of my friends, and was pretty sure going in that it was going to be as rediculously pretentious and psuedo-intellectual as ever; I wasn't wrong. It seems it's impossible not to like the Saws without being called a hater, but I think this has the most obvious flaws in acting, script and a silly ending which make my case easier to deliver to those who insist its one of the smartest series to hit theatres in years. I kind of had a good time, I laughed quite a few times throughout (including this great scene involving two guys chained together, one with his eyes and the other with his mouth sowed shut...you shoud know classic dialogue is to follow) and shook my head at several of the movie's fifty-two twists but again, I had a good time for it was expectedly horrid but the people I was with and attempted MST3K commentary made it fun.]

1/2*

No comments: